IN AID OF THE INJURED JOCKEY FUND
Sunday 13th September 2020
OLD HALL ESTATE (formerly SHRUBLAND PARK,) BARHAM, IPSWICH
A lovely ride around parkland, and neighbouring farmland. Approx. 11 miles. Optional shorter route approx. 5 miles. The Estate is situated to the north of Ipswich and to the east of the A14 near the A14/A140 junction. The start venue is accessed off the old Norwich Road (Claydon/Barham) at Shrubland Sawmill, IP6 0PP.
Entry Fee: Adults - £20 per rider. Advanced Bookings ONLY (Any additional donations would be most welcome)
Start times will be given between 9.30am and 1.30pm, please bring proof of entry with you. NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY.
Please try to stick as closely as possible to your start time to avoid queuing. Start times will be issued by email with a number, which should be picked up when booking in with proof of entry. Numbers to be worn whilst riding so that the Stewards can identify you or your group. Please confirm your return at the end of the ride. While riding please give consideration to other riders who may wish to ride at a different pace and to all the landowners.
Enquiries: SUE LEVERETT email@example.com for entry form and BACs No.
General Enquiries: 01449 711427
THERE WILL BE NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY, REFRESHMENTS, LOOS, WATER OR ROSETTES.
RULES AND CONDITIONS (Your entry will be taken as acceptance of all rules and conditions)
1.The organisers and land owners accept no responsibility for injury from accidents to persons or animals, or the theft of property. Persons attending do so at their own risk.
2. British Standard or European Standard hard hats and correct footwear must be worn at all times whilst mounted. Reflective clothing is strongly recommended.
3. All dogs must be kept on a lead.
4. Riders will be issued with a start time between 9.30am and 1.30pm. Riders when entering should specify their preference as to start time, so that the times can be strictly adhered to, also giving names to form a group of no more than 6 if riding together.
5. Additional safety measures will be in place to minimise the risk of COVID 19 transmission. It is extremely important that all riders and visitors abide by these and obey instructions given by stewards.
6. All entries and full payment to be made on line, as no entries will be taken on the day.
7. The course will be flagged and signed. In case of emergency this contact no. 07889546319 should be taken with you. Each group should have a fully charged mobile phone with them.
8. Vet on call. Deben Valley Equine Vets 01728 685123
9. All participants must have their own third party insurance. It is advised that Horses/ponies should have a current Equine Flu Vaccine.
10. ENTRIES close midnight Wednesday, 9th September.
COVID 19 Safety measures.
In line with Government guidelines, groups of no more than six people will be allowed to start together at any: one time, observing social distancing rules of 2m. Whilst on the course, please use caution when passing other riders from another group, and practice social distancing of 2m. People like to ride at differing speeds, and this is fine as long as we all think of each other. Please arrive with just enough time to prepare and mount in time for your start time. Only one non-riding adult is permitted in any vehicle. Face coverings are not essential but please can everyone bring soap and water/hand gel to sanitise as appropriate. There will be no loo facilities. There will be no water available, so please bring enough for all your washing/drinking needs, especially if hot weather. There will not be rosettes on this occasion, refreshments or catering facilities, but people are welcome to bring their own picnic. There is plenty of room for vehicles, please remember to practice social distancing of 2 metres.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
The organisers of this event have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of those present. Everyone themselves must take reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring, also to abide by the Covid 19 guidelines and have consideration to others. Instructions of the organisers and their stewards must be strictly adhered to.